How to Create a Raid 5/6 VM with Virtual San 6.2
1. Create a 4 node cluster with all flash devices. This will NOT work with the hybrid model.
2. Using the web client, click on home and create a new virtual machine storage policy. Name it.
3. Select the new option "Raid 5//Raid 6".
4. Continue with the wizard.
5. Click on Finish.
6. Next, create a vm and select the new policy.
7. Verify that the vm creates and it is compliant.
8. Notice the location of the components.
Raid 5 requires 4 hosts minimum (not three). Raid 6 requires 6 hosts minimum.
Raid 5 is used in conjunction with FTT=1; Raid 6 with FTT=2.